New York hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in New York
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 34% drop in price.|
|October||Most expensive month to stay with an average 13% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$273||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$298||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a New York hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding perfect New York hotel deals
- If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in New York, you should consider visiting during the low season. You'll find cheaper accommodations in New York in January and February.
- Hotel room prices vary depending on many factors but you’ll most likely find the best hotel deals in New York if you stay on a Saturday. The opposite is true for, Monday, which is usually the most expensive day.
- Book at least 90 days before your stay begins to get the best price for your New York accommodation.
- The cheapest 3-star hotel room in New York found on KAYAK in the last 2 weeks was $39, while the most expensive was $334.
- How long should you stay? KAYAK users usually book their accommodation in New York for 3 days.
- Downtown Manhattan is a calm and historic area south of 14th Street, where you can find Hilton Garden Inn New York, which provides amenities including a gym. Midtown is located between 34th Street and 59th Street, near the busy Times Square area, where you can find The Roosevelt Hotel, which has rooms with a terrace.
- If you’re visiting Manhattan on a budget, there are some affordable options if you are willing to stay a bit further from Times Square. Consider the Upper West Side or Upper East Side, where you can go for a walk in Central Park or enjoy attractions like the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). A convenient option in these areas could be the Empire Hotel, which has a rooftop pool. Another cheap option could be The Franklin Hotel, which provides a free breakfast.
- Those attracted to outdoors and green spaces should head to Greenwich Village, just a 10-minute subway ride away from Central Park. There you will find several hotels with a pool, where you can relax after taking in the surroundings. Some examples are the Saratoga Hilton, the Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, the Union Gables Bed & Breakfast and the Landmark Motor Inn.
- Looking for 5-star hotels? Most can be found in the Midtown area, such as the Refinery Hotel, where you can choose from a variety of high-quality accommodations and enjoy the view from a rooftop bar. Another good alternative might be the Four Seasons Hotel New York, which offers a gym and spa. You can also find 5-star hotels in Lower Manhattan, such as The Dominick hotel, which has an outdoor pool and spa.
FAQs when booking a hotel in New York
Are hotels in New York safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in New York?
What are the best hotels near Times Square?
How much does a hotel cost in New York?
How to find a good hotel in the Times Square area?
What hotels in New York City have the best views?
What hotels in New York City have a pool?
What are good hotel for families in New York City?
How much is a hotel in New York for tonight?
How much is a hotel in New York for this weekend?
How do I find a hotel in central New York?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in New York?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in New York by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best New York hotels
Go to map